Tuesday 24 February 2009

Bung it in the wash

I was chatting to a friend recently about my wine-soaked year at the University of Pau in the early 1990s. From the twin fug-inducers of 10F Pol Rémy and Existentialism (part of my French degree), I recall some of the tunes that soundtracked my stay there.

This is from Francis Cabrel, a sensitive soul with a southern drawl. It still sounds lovely. Don't fancy his motor much, though, or his 'tache.





And this gem from Alain Souchon – a single which I bought on cassette, no less – offered a much-needed antidote to Sartre's pained inertia. If love or life is going a bit belly up, simply bung it in the washing machine, to get the colour back. Obvious.



One more thing. Rumours of French Magazine's demise have been greatly exagerrated. The title has been snapped up by Evolve Publishing, and the next issue comes out early April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello , come and visit me