2. It's naive to think you can visit inside the fabulously grand Russian Church on a Sunday morning.
3. The iconic Thérèse, who runs the socca stall in the Cours Saleya market is one-part cook, three-parts crowd pleaser.
4. Men's mainstream fashion = tight, garish and a tad camp.
5. You can nick some sneaky wi-fi access in your hotel if you're lucky.
6. Don't be afraid of its grandeur, the Negresco hotel's bar is accessible to all.
7. The salades niçoises served in Nice's many open-air restaurants range from the delicious to the insultingly basic (no olives, limp lettuce – 11.50 euros, thanks for asking).
8. Everything is walkable, except the Matisse Museum. Get the bus.
9. Said museum is pretty, but pretty insubstantial. But it is free, unlike the Marc Chagall Museum.
10. For a sunshine weekend break, Nice can hardly be beaten.