Tuesday 30 September 2008

Laurels for Hardy*


I've listened to some lovely old Françoise Hardy tunes today as I tried get in the mood to write a piece about the food and drink of the Dordogne (duck and wine on the whole, but you knew that). Anyone looking for a logical link between the two – Hardy and the Dordogne, that is – will have no joy.
I got distracted and had a look at Ms Hardy's excellent website, thinking that perhaps we could feature her somewhere in French Magazine (new issue on sale this Thursday, complete with a free 86-page Traveller in France magazine; Monet's Giverny on the bright pink cover). Anyway, I decided that this is the benchmark for anyone blessed with rare beauty who seeks to age with grace. Swoon...

*Before you ask, this post wasn't created just so I could use this dodgy title.

2 comments:

Clair said...

Yeah, right ;-)

Justin said...

Honest, guv...